I’m so so so excited to share at the moment’s submit! Our mother had an introduction calendar once we have been little children (with one sweet per day) and it’s such a candy and particular vacation reminiscence for me. I knew I wished to make an introduction for Nova’s second first Christmas (final yr we returned residence from China the week earlier than Christmas and she or he doesn’t bear in mind it, so we name this her second first Christmas—form of enjoyable to get a redo!). Anyway! I knew I wished to do one thing we may hold for a very long time and use yearly. So I used to be OK with spending an excellent period of time and work on it.
I spent wayyyyyy an excessive amount of time scrolling concepts on Pinterest (so enjoyable!) and I stored feeling drawn to the stockings. So I did my very own set with my favourite colours and many unfinished wooden, which is a present design obsession for me.
Right here’s an in depth up.
I had SO MUCH FUN engaged on this. It may completely be executed in a weekend, however I spent a couple of week on it since I get distracted a LOT.
Let’s speak concerning the DIY steps. That is E-A-S-Y. There’s nothing on this that you could’t simply see from the photographs, however I’ll nonetheless clarify all of the steps simply in case you’re inquisitive about precisely how I did it.
1. First, minimize out 24 stockings from felt. I primarily used felt I already had, so it’s a mixture between excessive and low high quality (and I’m a-OK with that!). I made just a few paper templates for stocking shapes and used them to chop out all of the stockings. I didn’t need mine to be precisely the identical sizes and styles, however you are able to do that if you’d like a extra unified look.
Subsequent, embellish every stocking on the highest aspect with hand embroidery and/or by glueing issues onto the stockings.
2. Machine sew or hand-stitch every stocking. Subsequent, add a loop to the highest of every stocking with felt or yarn (one thing to hold them from).
4. Add the celebrities to the stockings with string.
5. Use picket rods, yarn, and wooden beads to make the hanging construction. You’ll be able to see under that my stockings are completely hooked up to the rods, however you’ll be able to tie them on as a substitute for those who’d like to have the ability to take away them every day.
Bonus step: After I used to be executed, I wished so as to add a bit extra element, so I hung a bunch of bigger picket stars on the rods.
6. Fill your stockings with sweet, teeny little toys, and notes with enjoyable actions like films to observe, crafts to do or particular locations you’ll go every day.
MY HEART!!!!!!! I had so a lot enjoyable engaged on this and I’m so excited for December 1 so Nova can begin experiencing it!
I hope a few of you’ll make this venture this yr and in years to return. I’d LOVE to see your model of it in colours that you just select, so please tag us on Instagram @abeautifulmess. When you don’t have the time to make your personal this yr, there are a lot of cute felt calendars on the market or you’ll be able to simply purchase the mini stocking half and go from there to avoid wasting a bit time however nonetheless do some selfmade parts on it. We’ve additionally executed just a few introduction calendars over time right here on the weblog so see if a kind of appears excellent for you!
I’m right here in case you have any questions! xx – Elsie